Let’s face it; it’s tough to get excited about the need to clean your carpets. At Advantage Steam we understand how you feel. So we try our best to make this process as seamless for you as we can. It’s our desire to do our job efficiently with minimal downtime as possible for you and your lifestyle.
Advantage Steam is IICRC Certified in upholstery cleaning and is recognized as one of the most educated and experienced upholstery care companies in the Placer County area. Upon a thorough inspection, our certified technicians will determine the proper cleaning procedure for your specific needs. We can also apply Bridgepoint's Maxim Fine Fabric Protector to ensure your fine fabrics continue to have lasting beauty between cleanings.
From heavily soiled to light cleaning, our 12-Step cleaning process is designed to restore your furniture as close to its original condition as possible. We can clean all types of upholstery, even the most delicate of fabrics.
FIBER & FABRIC PROTECTION
To complement the Advantage Steam cleaning program, we offer DuPont Teflon Fabric Protection.
This application assures you the best protection possible against re-soiling and stains. DuPont Teflon has two protective properties. The first is an acid dye blocker that is basically a clear dye that fills the extra dye sites in a fiber. This helps to keep "foreign" dyes (such as red dye in a beverage) from penetrating the carpet fiber. The second property is called a "fluoro-chemical". It is commonly known as 3M Scotchgard® or DuPont Teflon®. This treatment helps keep spillage from actually getting to the acid dye blocker, but its biggest job is to resist dry soil.
Ceramic tile is one of the most abused and overlooked floor and wall surfaces in the home simply because of the care involved in cleaning it. No one is anxious to relive the terrible memories of scrubbing each tile and grout line for hours with a small brush and of using those irritating, harsh, and unsafe chemicals. Most of us would rather rearrange our sock drawer.
So we wait and wait …
The good news is Advantage Steam can make short work of this task, using only earth-safe products that won’t harm your family, your pets, or this world we share.
Advantage Steam skillfully accomplishes the proper cleaning of all tile floors, including natural stone. Heating purified water to over 275+ degrees, we then pressure wash your tile at 1000+ lbs of pressure utilizing very specific tools and attachments, without causing any damage. The cleaning results speak for themselves. Whether your tile is in your kitchen, bathroom, or some other area of your home, those stubborn stains, embedded bacteria, and germs don’t stand a chance. Your tile and grout will look very much as it did the day it was installed.
Marble is softer and more porous than most stone; it not only scratches easily, but also etches easily. Marble is sensitive to acids in many different food items (including citrus products, sodas, etc.) and the chelating agents in household cleaners.
Just like ceramic tile, natural stone is one of the most abused and overlooked floor and wall surfaces in the home simply because of the care involved in cleaning it. An etch mark in a polished marble or travertine floor can be a constant reminder that grandmother wasn't always right about the merits of cleaning with a solution of vinegar and water.
The good news is Advantage Steam can make short work of this task. Whether you have natural stone in your kitchen, bathroom, or some other area of your home, those stubborn stains and etch marks don't stand a chance. Your natural stone will look very much as it did the day it was installed.
At Advantage Steam we are dedicated to helping you keep your home healthy, clean, and always looking its best. The solution to difficult natural stone honing, polishing, cleaning & sealing is just a phone call away.
Trust Advantage Steam for all those difficult and unpopular projects. You will be happy you did.
General cleaners not specifically formulated for natural stone or tile are never recommended. These can breakdown the sealer, thereby removing its protective properties and making the stone and tile grout susceptible to stains. Worse yet, many cleaning products, including those that contain lemon, vinegar, bleach or ammonia can etch away the polish, discolor the surface, or even scratch your stone.
Many cleaners have what is called a chelating agent in them. This agent breaks down and dissolves minerals in hard water. Since all stone is made up of minerals, these types of cleaners will dissolve and cause streaks over prolonged use. Advantage Steam offers the complete line of StoneTech Professional™ Products.
Advantage Steam can clean and re-coat your hardwoodfloor with a dust free process. This maintenance process is designed to help you avoid the dust storm that comes with sanding. This process will not restore areas that have been damaged from water or areas worn from loss of polyurethane or deep scratches. It will, however, restore small scratches and add an additional layer of the latest generation of polyurethane technology. This product is specially formulated for heavy traffic on commercial and residential hardwood floors. It provides unmatched durability among such environmentally friendly floor finishes.
Do it yourself tips
Rugs can vary a lot from construction to what type of fiber it is made out of, each have there own system of how it needs to be cared for. Call today for your free in home evaluation.
(Back To Top)
(Back To Top)
(Back To Top)
(Back To Top)
(Back To Top)
(Back To Top)
(Back To Top)
(Back To Top)
1. Pre-Inspection Our technicians will walk through your home with you and visually inspect your floor to be cleaned. We will identify potential permanent stains and give you an evaluation of expected results, as well as listen to any concerns you may have.
2. Pre-Spray A Pre-conditioning agent is applied to emulsify and break down traffic area soil and general spots for a thorough cleaning.
3. Pre-Spot Difficult spots are pre-treated with special spotting solutions for higher success rate of removal.
4. Pre-Groom/Agitate A professional carpet groomer is used to further loosen the soil.
5. Soil Extraction Rinse and Neutralize The carpet is then thoroughly rinsed using pressured, 250 degree steam which kills all bacteria and allergens. The moisture is then extracted using high vacuum pressures to ensure no over saturation. This process leaves the carpet with a neutral pH balance with no sticky residue.
6. Post-Spot Any spots or stains still remaining will get extra treatment with special spotting solutions. For longer carpet life and fewer permanent stains, be sure to ask about having carpet protector applied.
7. Teflon-Protector (optional) Our technician will then apply Teflon protector to your carpet to prolong the life and beauty of your floor.
8. Post-Groom Your carpet is now groomed following the application of Teflon carpet protector.
9. Speed-Dry High velocity air movers are placed on the carpet after cleaning to promote faster drying.
10. Post-Cleaning Inspection Our technicians will then walk through your home with you and point out the cleaning results to make sure you are completely satisfied.
Our technician will perform special tests to determine the fiber content of your fabric. The content will determine what type of cleaning solutions and techniques will be used. We will also point out any potential permanent stains or areas of concern.
Step 2: Area Preparation
We will prepare the area where the upholstery will be cleaned to protect your surrounding furnishings.
Step 3: Pre-Vacuum
All textiles should be vacuumed thoroughly before cleaning. This step will remove dry soils and any loose particles from cracks and crevices.
Step 4: Pre-Treat
Depending on your fabric, a special solution designed for your fabric type and the soiling condition will be applied to "emulsify" the soil.
Step 5: Pre-Spot
Any potentially difficult spots will be pre-treated with special solutions to increase the success of stain removal.
Step 6: Pre-Groom
The fabric will then be gently groomed using soft upholstery brushes to further loosen the soil.
Step 7: Soil-Extraction and Rinse
The soil is then extracted from the fabric with a gentle, controlled rinse.
Step 8: Neutralize
The fabric is then pH balanced to maintain it's soft, fresh feel.
Step 9: Post Spot
Any remaining spots will be treated with special stain removal products.
*For longer fabric life and fewer permanent stains, ask about having Fabric Protector applied!!
Step 10: Post Groom
The upholstery will then be prepared for drying with a gentle combing of the fabric.
Step 11: Speed Dry
High velocity air movers will be placed on the upholstery to speed dry the fabric.
Step 12: Post Cleaning Inspection
Our technician will review the cleaning results with you to insure that your expectations have been met or exceeded.
By resisting dry soil, less soil bonds to the carpet and, more soil is being picked up by your vacuum. Making sure you have a sufficient amount of protector on your carpet will help keep the soil from bonding to the carpet. Once the soiling bonds to the carpet, it acts like sandpaper on your traffic area. Once the traffic area yarns are broken down, there is no way to bring them back to their original state.
Fine Fabric Protector can be applied to just about any type of furniture fabric including delicate fabrics such as silk. We can protect new or just cleaned furniture. Fine Fabric Protector has a solvent-based carrying agent that will not water mark delicate fabrics. Once the product dries, it will leave a layer of protection that will help the homeowner maintain furniture with ease.
Two Primary Ways That Protector Is Removed From A Carpet:
1. Regular foot traffic. Depending on traffic, over a period of 6 months to 2 years, a significant amount of protector can be removed from your traffic areas and will need to be reapplied.
2. High alkaline cleaner.Uneducated, uninformed and sometimes downright unscrupulous carpet cleaners use harsh chemicals on the carpet that will strip its protection. If one of these jokers has been in your house, you may want to have the carpet re-protected.
Four Mistakes Other Cleaners Make In Applying Protector:
1. Not using high quality protector. Discount protectors are not as effective and sometimes can even void the carpet warranty. Our company uses only the highest quality industry recommended protectors.
2. Not using a dedicated container. Using the same container for carpet protector as other cleaners can contaminate the carpet protector making it gummy and ineffective. Our vans have a dedicated container reserved ONLY for carpet protector.
3. Not applying the product properly. Some cleaners either under apply or over apply the protector. Under applying the product doesn't allow for complete penetration of the carpet yarns and over applying causes the carpet to become overly stiff and crusty. Our company technicians are diligently trained for accurate application.
4. Not grooming the carpet. For the best performance, the product should be groomed into the carpet for maximum penetration. This ensures contact with all surfaces of the carpet yarn and proper distribution and drying. Our company thoroughly grooms the protector into the carpet pile.
Six Reasons You Should Always Get Carpet Protector:
1. Reduces permanent stains. A great looking carpet can be ruined by an ugly spot. Unprotected carpet doesn't repel spillage as well as protected carpet. Protector will allow you to remove spots and spills more effectively therefore helping you to avoid permanent staining.
2. Helps save your traffic areas from becoming destroyed. Traffic area soil is very abrasive and cuts carpet yarns like a knife. This damaging soil can easily bond to an unprotected carpet. By applying protector, you will increase the life of your carpet dramatically. When you vacuum your protected carpet the soils will release from the carpet pile much more effectively.
3. Make spots easier to remove. The easier a spot is to remove, the less cleaner you will have to use, the less agitation you will have to use, and the less time it will take. Many spots can be removed easily with just water.
4. Makes your next professional cleaning more effective. Having protector applied to your carpet will enhance your next cleaning. Soil will be more effectively removed the next time your carpeting is professionally cleaned.
5. Helps avoid costly service calls.Although you should call us to handle any spot you cannot remove immediately, carpet protector helps you remove more spots than you can without protector. You may be able to save a minimum charge by able to remove the spot yourself.
6.Your carpet will look better and last longer when it is protected.
Trust Advantage Steam for all those difficult and unpopular projects. You really will be glad you did.
We will evaluate the condition of your floor and point out any damaged or broken areas. Then give you an idea of expected results.
Dry Soil Removal
Next we will thoroughly sweep or vacuum your entire floor that we are to clean.
Protect Any Delicate Furnishings
We will tape and or tarp off any delicate furnishings for protection.
Next we apply a specially designed tile & grout cleaning agent to help loosen the embedded soil.
Hand Scrub Grout Joints
Now we will use a grout brush to scrub all grout joints to further loosen the soil.
Pressure Wash and Extract
Using our specially designed hard surface tools we will pressure wash your floor at 1000 psi @ 275+ degrees. No worries the pressured water is self contained and will stay on your floor only.
The floor is then dried using turbo dryers.
We now will inspect floor reults.
Last we will your grout using high quality grout sealers by StoneTech. If you have a natural stone we will now seal that as well.
General cleaners not specifically formulated for natural stone or tile are never recommended. These can breakdown the sealer, thereby removing its protective properties and making the stone and tile grout susceptible to stains. Worse yet, many cleaning products, including those that contain lemon, vinegar, bleach or ammonia can etch away the polish, discolor the surface, or even scratch your stone. Many cleaners have what is called a chelating agent in them. This agent breaks down and dissolves minerals in hard water. Since all stone is made up of minerals, these types of cleaners will dissolve and cause streaks over prolonged use. Advantage Steam offers the complete line of StoneTech Professional™ Products.
Ceramic tile and grout is man-made clay fired material. Glazed ceramic tile does not normally require any protective treatment. It is the glaze itself that gives the tile its excellent protection and resistance to the absorption of dirt. Many of the new ceramic tiles in today's market are manufactured to look like real stone. Advantage Steam offers tile and grout cleaning and sealing. For best results, have your ceramic tile and grout sealed and use a neutral stone cleaner such as StoneTech Professional™ Stone and Tile Cleaner available through Advantage Steam.
Quarry tiles are an unglazed ceramic material. They are particularly well suited for exterior paving due to their low absorption and resistance to freezing. This type of floor is one of the most durable on the market today. Advantage Steam offers cleaning or stripping along with sealing or a wax finish. For best results, have your quarry tile & pavers brick sealed and use a neutral stone cleaner like StoneTech Professional™ Stone and Tile Cleaner available through Advantage Steam.
Terracotta tile or Saltillo tile is one of the oldest ceramic materials made by man. This type of tile is created by mixing clay and water, leaving it to dry naturally and then baking it in a kiln. Saltillo tile has particular characteristics that demand special treatment. Advantage Steam offers cleaning and sealing for this type of floor. For best results, have your terracotta tile or saltillo sealed and use a neutral stone cleaner such as StoneTech Professional™ Stone and Tile Cleaner available through Advantage Steam.
The second source of odor is chemical odor that is present even when the bacteria have been killed. This explains the reason that more than sanitizing is necessary to neutralize odors from urine. Urine also presents additional odor problems when the relative humidity is high. The salts and crystals that are left behind as the urine dries are hydrophilic and draw water to them. Dried urine is often easy to smell in the humid months because the salts attract the moisture, the moisture evaporates putting out a greater proportion of odorous ammonia gas. You must get rid of the urine salts in and under the carpet to get rid of the odor. That’s why cleaning existing urine spots WILL NOT remove any associated odor. In fact, it could INCREASE the odor in the air space for a temporary period of time.
Enzymes are the best cleaning agent for urine, vomit and feces. An enzyme is the only cleaning agent that actually eats up the bad bacteria. For the best results use an enzyme spotter after you have rinsed the carpet, especially if the spot is not a fresh one. We recommend Nature’s Miracle, which can be purchased at any local pet store. Always read the directions before use!
Try to stay away from products with high pH such as ammonia, Resolve and oxygen bleaches. These products will leave the carpet with a residue and in a high pH state, which will enable the carpet to attract dirt like a magnet. In some instances the use of the wrong product can cause the urine stain to be permanent.
Remember, in order to remove the odor, all of the alkaline salt deposits the urine leaves behind must be completely removed. This can be quite extensive and time consuming. In worse cases, all of the following steps will be done. When damage is not so bad a few steps are left out.
► Step 1: Pull up carpet.
► Step 2: Remove affected pad.
► Step 3: Clean back of carpet.
► Step 4: Treat floor with an enzyme treatment.
► Step 5: Seal floor if needed with an odor barrier.
► Step 6: Treat back of carpet with enzyme treatment.
► Step 7: Install new tack strip.
► Step 8: Install new pad.
► Step 9: Re-install carpet.
► Step 10: Clean carpet.
► Step 11: Topically apply enzyme.
Disclaimer: Use these techniques at your own risk. Always read directions on any spotter before using. Pre-test each spotter in an inconspicuous area before using. If the stain or odor persists, call Advantage Steam.
Step 1: Pre-Inspection
We first determine if the floor contains any wax, oily residue, or other contaminants which may affect the adhesion of a new finish. We also find out if a re-coating system can restore floors, or if a more aggressive method is needed.
Step 2: Area Preparation
We will prepare the areas surrounding the wood, making sure not to disturb any other connecting floor types. At this point all furniture that will be cleaned under is moved.
Step 3: Dry Soil Removal
Our technicians thoroughly sweep and vacuum the entire area, maximizing the results we obtain. As in any cleaning process, dry soil removal is most important.
Step 4: Cleaning
The cleaning process includes multiple applications of cleaning solutions with state-of-the-art equipment which PRODUCES NO DUST WHATSOEVER! Surface accumulations of common household pollutants such as food residues or pet oils are removed without abrading your floor to expose any bare wood.
Step 5: Re-Coating
The existing finish on the floor is then chemically etched and recoated with environmentally friendly, non-flammable, waterborne polyurethane. This finish is formulated for heavy residential or commercial traffic and dries overnight.
Step 6: Post-inspection
Technicians will initiate a walk through and go over results before leaving.